Wednesday, March 28, 2012

UNDER THE SURFACE to be released within weeks

I have received word from my editor at Cornell University Press that the first copies of Under the Surface, Fracking, Fortunes and the Fate of the Marcellus Shale are en route from the printer to the warehouse. From there, they will be distributed nationally to bookstores over the course of the next four to six weeks. In addition to Barnes & Noble, many independents will feature the book, including Oblong Books in the Hudson Valley region, Talking Leaves in Buffalo, and Penn Books in Philadelphia.

I’m honored to appear at these and other bookstores beginning in May. Prior to that, books will be available at my talks scheduled at various venues in upstate New York. Here’s how my speaking schedule looks as of today, with more additions to come. I will post specific times and places as I get them.

4/16 SUNY Environmental School of Forestry, Syracuse, NY
4/18, Binghamton University, Vestal, NY, Lecture Hall 2, 6:15 p.m.
4/24, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, Hubbell Auditorium, Hutchison Hall, 7:30 p.m.
4/25, Hobart William & Smith, Geneva, NY, HWS Library, Sanford Room, 7 p.m.
5/4, Oblong Bookstore, Rhinebeck, NY, 7:30 p.m.
5/10, Scranton Library, Scranton, Pa., 7 p.m.
5/17, Tompkins County Public Library, Ithaca, NY, 6 p.m.
5/19 Barnes & Noble, Vestal, NY, 2 p.m.
6/14, New York State Historical Society Conference, Niagara University, NY
6/14 Talking Leaves Bookstore, Buffalo, NY, 7 p.m.
6/20, Enoch Pratt Library, Baltimore, Maryland, 7 p.m.

I thank everybody who has followed my coverage of the monumental shale gas story over the years. I’d love to see you in person at one of these events.

3 comments:

  1. It's really exciting to hear that this is coming out now! I can't wait! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kinds words, Brady. Perhaps you know this, but you can find more information on my facebook page, www.facebook.com/frackingandfortunes, or by clicking the facebook icon in the right margin of ths page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done!
    We might be able to get you a time to talk about it at the Midtown Scholar Bookstore in Harrisburg. Our Harrisburg organizer is very tight with the owners there. He actually does a regular speakers' series on gas drilling there already.

    ReplyDelete